If you visit our Facebook Page today you will get a mouthwatering treat of what we served our guests for breakfast this morning. Be sure to take a look! I did promise to post one of the recipes on the Blog so here it is!!
BAKED BLUEBERRY BLINTZ
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
6 ozs. softened cream cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese
- Add cottage cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla
- Beat well and set aside
1/2 C. butter (softened)
1/3 C. sugar
1 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 C. plain or vanilla yogurt
1/2 C. sour cream
1/2 orange juice
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Mix flour and baking powder together and add to batter
- Combine sour cream, yogurt, and orange juice and add to batter. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared baking dish
- Carefully layer all of filling on top of batter
- Top with remaining batter
- Bake 40 minutes or until browned and knife inserted in certer comes out clean
- Slice into squares.
- Top with fresh blueberries
- Drizzle with blueberry syrup or Ohio maple syrup.
Serves 6 to 8 depending on size of serving you desire.
Can be made the night before, refrigerated and baked the next morning.