When was the last time you visited Red Lobster where you enjoyed the overwhelming experience of eating a scrumptious cheddar bay biscuit? This morning our guests enjoyed these homemade biscuits that were served with a creamy sausage gravy. The biscuit recipe came to us from Top Secret Restaurant Recipes so we thought we would share with our guests. Every plate was returned to the kitchen free of any crumbs telling us that this entree was good to the last drop!
CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS
2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/4 tsp. garlic powder (for breakfast you could leave this out)
4 T. (1/4 stick) cold butter
3/4 cup cold whole milk
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
Brush on Top after biscuits are removed from the oven
Mix together all of the ingredients below
2 T. butter, melted
1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter using a pastry cutter or large fork
Mix just enough to incorporate the Bisquick. Butter chunks should be about the size of peas.
3. Stir in cheddar cheese and garlic.
4. Add milk and mix with hands until just combined. Don’t over mix.
5. Drop about 1/4 cup of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. An ice cream scoop works great.
6. Bake for 15 – 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn brown.
7. After removing biscuits from oven, brush tops with the melted butter mixture.
Yield about 8- 10 biscuits, depending on size you want. Happy eating!