Here we are on September 23, 2016 at 2:00 P.M. and the temperature in Oberlin is 90.3 degrees and it is the first day of Fall. The forecast for today had us down for 82 with possibility of showers! That’s been knocked out of the ballpark and the expected rain, which we really need, went somewhere else. So the pool is still open and sporting a temperature of 85 degrees! Our nighttime temps are still in the high 60’s to low 70’s so maybe this is our payback for the very cool and wet spring. We will try to keep the pool heater on until the temperatures drop into the low 70’s during the day and low 60’s at night. So if you want a fall getaway do not hesitate to come our way and enjoy fall. Travel and tour and then come back here to relax. What could be better!
Some suggestions for your enjoyment this weekend are as follows:
- Fall hey wagon rides and corn maze at Carlisle Metro Park
- Attend the National Alpaca Farm Day on Cowley Rd. in Grafton
- Go on a Big Foot Adventure or Lorain County Ghost Tour.
- Attend October Fest in Wellington
- Go on the Upstairs/Downstairs tour at Oberlin Heritage Center
- Go on the Radical and Reformers History Walk with Oberlin Heritage Center
- Climb on the tram for the Garden Tram Ride through Schoepfle Garden
- Stay at 1830 Hallauer House Bed and Breakfast in Oberlin! This place rocks!