The Asian Spa here at Hallauer House is not only home to our Asian artifacts and Jacuzzi whirlpool tub but also to the far-infrared sauna where you can find relaxation and health benefits after a stressful day at work or play.
Saunas date back over 2000 years beginning with the Finns and then finding their way to the Native Americans, Greeks, Romans, Russians, Japanese. and now you see them everywhere in America. The original saunas were in a cabin type enclosure where steam was created by heating rocks with wood fire and then pouring water over them to create the steam. The now popular far infrared sauna uses a special type of heater – called an infrared radiant heater – to promote body heating and sweating instead of a regular electrical heater or heated stones. The research on this infrared type of sauna has found that the heat reaches deeper into the tissues than the heat from a traditional sauna, and thus causes more toxins to be released with the sweat. Temperatures in our far infrared sauna can go up to 150-160 degrees but it is dry heat and does not take your breathe away like the steam sauna. When guests use the sauna for the first time it usually takes a while for the sweating to start and to get used to the heat but the more one uses it the more heat tolerant you become and the faster you begin to sweat which is what you want to do!
BENETITS OF FAR-INFRARED SAUNA
- More effective than rock steam saunas in detoxifying your body toxins that are stored in fatty tissues throughout the body.
- Stimulates body’s natural healing processes
- Strengthens the cardiovascular system
- Detoxifies heavy metals, hydrocarbon residues, alcohol, nicotine
- Helps to burn calories and control weight
- Helps with joint stiffness, aches and pains.
- Improves immune system by sweating at a lower more comfortable temperature than a conventional sauna
- Increases resistance to disease
- Sharpens senses and relieves stress, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated
- Improves skin within minutes. Helps acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Stimulates endorphin’s of the brain.
- The Far-Infrared sauna’s energy penetrates deeply into the body producing a warming, relaxing and detoxifying effect.
- Your skin will feel damp and sticky not heavy with sweating.
And while you are relaxing you will have time to catch up on reading that good book with no interruptions! So there you have the full story! Come and enjoy the sauna and then finish up in the whirlpool tub. Candlelight and music round out the night. Check out the Asian Spa Package that includes use of Spa with Champagne, candlelight, and soft music, a basket of spa products, and a $50.00 certificate to an Oberlin restaurant. Enjoy the evening! See you soon!