Looking for overnight accommodations in Oberlin, Ohio?
Well, you have come to the right place! 1830 Hallauer House Bed & Breakfast is rated #1 for Oberlin, Ohio by TripAdvisor! Not only that, but we received their 2017 Certificate of Excellence Award because of the 129 excellent 5 star reviews that we have received this year! Furthermore, we were a finalist in 2010 and 2012 for Ohio B & B of the Year by the Ohio Hotel and Lodging Association! And we are competing again this year for Unique Lodging of Ohio for 2017 but will not know whether we are a finalist until the end of October. Not to mention that competition is stiff as we are up against B & B’s and Inns in Ohio with up to 10 rooms! We are small but we have it all, as you will see on our website or below!
Since 2003, when we started 1830 Hallauer House B & B, we have welcomed thousands of guests from all over the world. Business has been strong with our occupancy rate hovering between 50-60% each year. Just enough for a retired couple to do what they love to do, take care of guests!. But as the years have moved on the competition has increased. The LEED certified Platinum hotel is now open just off Oberlin College campus and “Air B & B’s” dot many of the streets in town. And yes, we are listed on Air B & B! Additionally on the Oberlin visitors website, accommodations are now listed as to distance from campus putting us 4 miles away and number 14 on the list. And recently it seems that guests want to be in town, in the thick of things, so to speak.
So now, our objective is to convince you, potential Oberlin visitors, that we are worth the 6 minutes it will take you to drive into town! And remember, in Oberlin we have rush minute, not rush hour! So that is a very fast 6 minute drive!
In essence, we are not located right in town, but we have the accommodations and amenities that will make your stay pleasant, relaxing and memorable! Only 1830 Hallauer House B & B can offer you all of the following:
- Far Infra-red Sauna in Asian Spa with whirlpool tub
- On site exercise room with treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, Bow Flex
- Pool table
- Ping pong table
- Outdoor six person Hot Tub (bring a swim suit, we provide the towels!)
- On site In-ground heated swimming pool (May to September)
- Extensive one of a kind gardens with unique objects to wander around and relax in.
- Outdoor pavilion where you can relaxing by stream that meanders down and into frog pond
- Mini beach by the pool
- Free 3 course, elegant but casual breakfast
- Breakfast served at the time you want, no waiting, quick service
- Coffee and tea available 24/7
- Special diets accommodated
- FREE NIGHT after staying 6 nights within 4 years
- Discount for active duty military and vets
- Off street FREE parking
- Private key pad lock entrance
- Late check-in available
- Wood burning fireplace to cozy up to
- Antiques to peruse in every room
- History stories about Oberlin College and city of Oberlin’s involvement in Underground Railroad
- Concierge ideas for where you want to go.
- Extensive library (historical, fiction, non-fiction) throughout the house.