It’s Sunday and the Cleveland Browns are losing to the Pittsburg Steelers! It’s raining outside and the bugs are absolutely terrible. So while the game drags on and the bugs will eat me if I go outside, I thought I would share a new recipe that we served to our guests yesterday. It was completely devoured by all, so we deemed it a keeper. It’s based on a Blueberry-Kiwi Fool recipe but I changed it to fit the ingredients that I had on hand. We now need a new name for it. Anyone have a suggestion?
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup frozen vanilla yogurt
1 T. sugar (optional)
3-4 kiwi, peeled and cut up (about 1 cup)
1. In a bowl, mash 1 cup of blueberries or puree in a blender.
2. Stir cinnamon into blueberries
3. Fold the frozen yogurt into pureed blueberries
4. In parfait glasses or other serving bowls (about 6-7 ounces), layer
yogurt-blueberry mixture, remaining blueberries, and kiwi.
5. Top with a small scope of frogen yogurt and one blueberry.
6. Garnish with a sprig of lemon mint
7. Serve immediately
Makes 4-6 servings
One thing about this recipe – looks best if served on a white plate. We started with a red service and the colors clashed! Enjoy!