National Banana Bread Day!
It’s National Banana Bread Day, February 23! So why not celebrate by making some delicious homemade Banana Bread. Our recipe will take you about 10 minutes of prep time and 25-30 minutes of bake time. The recipe makes 10 mini loafs, which we use at the B & B, or two 8 inch large loaves. But the large loaves will take longer to bake, approximately 55 minutes.
When you have really ripe bananas but no time to bake right away just put the bananas in the freezer. Then thaw them out when ready to use and you have pureed bananas all ready to go!
So here is the Hallauer House Banana Bread Recipe
6 bananas, very ripe
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare the two 8 inch pans or 10 mini pans by spraying with non stick spray.
- Puree bananas and lemon jucice together to make about 2 cups
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into bowl and set aside.
- Combine pureed bananas, sugar, eggs, and oil and mix on medium speed with paddle attachment until just blended, about 3 minutes. Scape bowl as needed.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter into the two pans or 10 mini pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for small loaves and about 55 minutes for large loaves.
- When brown and tester comes out clean when inserted into center of loaf remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and transfer to cooling racks to completely cool before slicing or wrapping for freezer.
One nice thing about this Banana Bread recipe is that it is dairy free for anyone that may be lactose intolerant. This bread is also good served with soft cream cheese, peanut butter, and our popular Devonshire Cream! Yum! This is super delicious!
For more recipes that we use here at Hallauer House be sure to check out our recipe page.