The most unique B & B in Oberlin, Ohio is sending you an invitation and it is now our new slogan.
“Come for the history.
Stay for the fun.
Leave with the memories.”
So let’s break each line of our slogan down with details of how it was reached.
Come for the history.
You are probably asking the question – What history will I find here? So let’s take a look at what history is here.
A very knowledgeable historian who will share details and stories at breakfast of some of the following.
- Accounts of Oberlin’s involvement in the Underground Railroad and the John Price rescue.
- Anecdotes of the founding of Oberlin College and the history of the city of Oberlin.
- Information on the conflict of the Civil War.
- The story of how this house may have been a stop on the Underground Railroad.
- And see evidence that leads to this conclusion.
You will be able to see many Civil War artifacts and other antiques.
- Authentic Union and Confederate swords and bayonets.
- Authentic reproductions of Union and Confederate uniforms.
- Soldiers lap desk.
- Confederate money.
- Books, newspapers, and magazines on the Civil War and Underground Railroad.
- A few ladies dresses of different eras.
- And finally many other Civil War artifacts and other antiques too numerous to mention.
Stay for the fun.
Now you are probably asking how can I have fun at a bed and breakfast? Well let me tell you about our available fun amenties!
- Swim and play in the 20 ft X 40 ft in ground heated swimming pool open May to Oct. weather permitting.
- Relax in the outdoor hot tub open year round.
- Walk the extensive whimsical garden called the “Garden of Misfit Junk.” You need to stay to find out how that name came about!
- Put away the electronics and play one of our many board games.
- Listen to old vinyl records on the old fashion turn table.
- Play a game of pool or ping pong in our rec room or hop on the exercise equipment and get in a good workout.
- Then relax and catch up on your reading in the dry heat sauna and bask in the 150 degree dry heat. Trust me, it feels great!
- If the weather is bad outside then the whirlpool tub awaits you in the Asian Spa.
- If music is your thing then we have a piano for you to play.
- For the cyclist, there are many biking trails in the county and many golf courses for the golfers.
- The Wellington Reservation just 8 miles away has hiking and in the summer free paddle boat and kayak rentals for their lake.
- Therefore if that is not enough fun you can always sit back at the pavilion and have a small fire at night or sit out by the large pond and have a small bonfire
- So have you had enough fun yet?
Leave with the memories.
Finally, this is how we know guests leave with good memories.
- During their visit guests take lots of pictures, especially of the breakfasts and garden!
- Another indication is the fun we see guests having in the pool or out in the garden.
- We hear words like ‘cool,’ ‘wow,’ ‘amazing.’
- So many guests return with family and friends to get their ‘free night’!
- Strangers come together at breakfast and leave with each others email address!
- Many questions are asked about the antiques and the house itself.
- Rave reviews about the great nights sleep.
- Inquiries about what brand the mattresses are.
- Our five star reviews on Google, Facebook, and TripAdvisor.
Spring is on the way so plan a getaway. Come and get a little history while you have a little fun and then take home all the little memories! Call us! 877-774-3406 or go ahead and
BOOK ON LINE!